COVID-19 update - socially-distanced & online consultations
From July, Helix Baby will be offering socially-distanced face to face consultations, as well as continuing virtual consultations online.
With more and more businesses, parks and venues able to open safely, you might like to start getting out and about once more. This can be made easier with the use of a sling or carrier!
We of course still need to be mindful of social distancing. By using a sling or carrier, you can keep baby away from well-meaning onlookers wanting to see or coo over your new bundle and keep your toddler at a safe distance from others, keeping them contained safely and happily and not running off to where they shouldn’t be!
But if you don’t know where to start with babywearing, you may be a new or expectant parent, or you need help to find the right sling for you and your family, or you simply just cant get to grips with the carrier you have been gifted, then Susie from Helix Baby will be starting face to face consultations again from 1st July. You can read the socially-distanced changes that will be in place (following Government guidelines) below.
If you are still not keen on the idea of meeting face to face, or you are having to isolate or shield, Susie will be continuing to offer virtual consultations via Zoom too.
What to expect at a Helix Baby face to face consultation with Covid-19 socially-distanced measures:
- Consultations will be held outside, either at Helix Baby HQ front driveway or at your home front or back garden (back garden only with outdoor access). Client home appointments will be charged mileage at 45p per mile.
- I will wash my hands or use hand gel before every consultation.
- Each sling/carrier available will have been quarantined for at least 72 hours prior and if handled and not hired, will be quarantined again for 72 hours before it is available for the next client. Because of this, I will narrow down your sling selection, by pre-appointment communication, to 2-3 carriers.
- We will keep 2 metres apart at all times. I will demonstrate the slings for you and ideally have duplicate slings for you to try. I will let you know in advance if we do not have a duplicate of the sling you wish to try, you can then make the decision if you would like me to demonstrate it first for you or not.
- If your appointment is at Helix Baby HQ, please bring a padded blanket, car seat or pram to place baby down on for trying slings. As much as I love to, I am currently unable to hold your baby.
- Payment for consultations must be made prior by bank transfer. Hire fees or purchase fees can be made in person by contactless card payment only.
Consultations, face to face and online, can be any length you need, starting at £10:
- 30 minutes – £10
- 45 minutes – £15
- 60 minutes – £20
If you are unsure of how long you will need, just get in touch first to discuss your requirements.
The Helix Baby online shop is still fully OPEN!
You can pick up your purchase contactlessly from the Helix Baby HQ drop box or use code SHIP40 for free delivery over £40.
Susie offers, as standard, a free online “fitting session” (up to 15 minutes) via Zoom with every sling or carrier purchase. So if you are having trouble with your brand new purchase, be sure to get in touch to book yours in.
Need some thinking time before you purchase? You can “Try before you Buy”, giving you a 2 week hire period to decide if the sling is right for you or not. Please get in touch for details!
Stay safe and stay babywearing x